What is Civic?
Civic’s model allows for on-demand, secure and lower cost access to identity verification via the blockchain. Background and personal information verification checks may no longer need to be undertaken from the ground up every time a new institution or application requires one. Civic already has a working identity verification product that is available worldwide.
- Incentivizes only trustworthy Identity Verification (IDV) providers, for example, banks, utility companies, amongst many others
- These entities will be able to verify the attributes of the identity of an individual or business and attest to those attributes on a blockchain
- Through the use of smart contracts, Validators will be able to price their identity verifications and offer them to other participants, resulting in a robust and decentralized identity verification ecosystem
The Civic Token
- Maximum cap on crowdsale: $33 million
- Total token supply: 1 billion (1,000,000,000) CVC, of which:
- 33% sold in the tokensale
- 33% retained by Civic
- 33% allocated for distribution to incentivize participation in the ecosystem
- 1% to cover tokensale costs
- Ethereum ERC20 token
- Purchase methods accepted: BTC and ETH
Countdown to ICO